Gracious Grognard

Work beckons, but I wanted to take a brief moment to thank my old Internet compadre James Maliszewski for plugging Vargold on Grognardia, his amazing Old School Gaming blog.  Barbarians of Lemuria (the current RPG focus on this blog) isn't echt Old School--the game has as much in common with many more recent RPG systems as it does with those of the 1970s.  But I like to think that BoL shares the same spirit of free-wheeling fun and pulp inspiration that informs the early games of Gygax, Arneson, Barker, and St. Andre--as well as the retro-clones of the last decade.  In any event, I can't recommend Grognardia enough.  Thanks again, James!

Comments

  1. I love the pic of Tyr and Fenrir on the mast head...is that Rackham?

    Also, I look forward to reading your blog and am glad that Mr. Grognard recomended it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taken from the 1911 Our Fathers' Godsaga, the image of Tyr and Fenrir is by Swedish artist John Bauer, a contemporary of Rackham's. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts