Heroes & Other Worlds Has Arrived



A hard week of work receives its reward as my copy of C. R. Brandon's Heroes & Other Worlds adventure game arrives in the mail (accompanied by the inaugural issue of the HOW fanzine, Cauldron). When I was a wee gamer, I was often intrigued by the ads in Dragon for the various components of Metagaming's Fantasy Trip series. Roger Stine's cover illustration for In the Labyrinth was particularly burned into my memory:


I don't know why I never picked up Melee, Wizard, or any of the other Fantasy Trip products. Possibly it was just because they were gone from the shelves of the local Waldenbooks by the time I was interested in moving beyond TSR games.

But the publication of HOW, a "simulacrum" of The Fantasy Trip, has allowed me to rectify that lapse of youth, and I plan to play the game and review it here on Vargold. Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. And yes, it is another RPG to add to my collection, thank you for asking. But I swear I'll play this one! It has programmed adventures in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you must, Narmer. I'm liking what I see on the first read-through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rob for your support, and I hope you dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is still in the mail. Also ordered Bare Bones Fantasy.
    Just when i thought I was out....

    ReplyDelete
  5. They pull you back in.

    I ordered it today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the Labyrinth...

    None wear pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the inhabitants do have fun performing Village People covers!

      Delete
    2. Please stop! My imagination is too vivid for this...it might ruin the game for me. FOREVER!

      Delete
  7. Heroes & Other Worlds needs an index. how is the cauldron? i saw there is issue 0. did you get any of the other sandbox stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which sandbox stuff? Cauldron #0 is insanely awesome with all sorts of great stuff for pretty much any system.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts